The simple act of visiting a website leaves a trail of information, a “digital footprint,” about visitors like you. Sometimes this footprint is vague and preserves your anonymity and other times it is tied specifically to you and your real life identity.
If all you do is click around and read pages, the data captured about you is vague. If you leave a comment or sign up for a newsletter, the data captured about you is sometimes very specific. Almost all web sites on the web today collect data in this fashion about visitors, and this site is no different.
Data may be kept indefinitely.
Data may be bartered or sold for commercial gain.
Data may be given to advertisers.
Data may be collected by analytic services.
Conditions of Use
All content I publish on this blog is owned by me unless specified otherwise. If you would like to use, reprint, or republish any of the content/images on this blog, please follow these guidelines:
- Credit the source/make a reference to where the content/image was taken from
- Link back with a hyperlink back to the post from which you took the information
- You may not use this blog’s contents or images for commercial purposes without first contacting me and acquiring written permission to do so.
- Email Privacy: Email addresses are not required for commenting, and they are not published on the blog, nor shared. They may be used by me to privately contact the commenter.
- Commenter Privacy and Protection: All snail mail, phone numbers, and any private and personal information posted in any comment will be deleted as soon as possible to protect the privacy of the commenter. To prevent such editing, never share this private information within the blog comment.
- Language and Manners: This blog is “family friendly” and comments which include offensive or inappropriate language, or considered by me to be rude and offensive, will be edited or deleted. Play nice.
- A Comment is Conversation: A comment which does not add to the conversation, runs of on an inappropriate tangent, or kills the conversation may be edited, moved, or deleted.
- Limit Links: This blog is setup to automatically hold any blog comment with more than two links in moderation, which may delay your comment from appearing on this blog. Any blog comment with more than four links could be marked as comment spam.
- How I Will Respond: Comments on this blog will only be responded to in direct response to the blog comment, or if necessary, I will respond via email or other communication method to a blog comment if needed.
- What To Do If Your Comment Does Not Appear: If you leave a comment on this blog and it does not appear in a reasonable time period, and you know that it does not violate these Comment Policies, contact me: email@example.com.
- No Personal Attack Comments Permitted: In the interest of fair play, no personal attacks are permitted in this blog’s comments. You may question or argue the content, but not attack me, nor any other commenters. Failure to respect fellow participants on this blog could result in removal and blocked access.
- Comment Spam: Any comment assumed to be possible comment spam will be deleted and marked as comment spam.
- Commenters Blocked: Anyone who violates this Comments Policy may be blocked from future access and/or commenting on this blog.
- All Rights Reserved: I reserve the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all comments. I also have the right to block access to any one or group from commenting or from the entire blog.
- Hold Harmless: All comments within this blog are the responsibility of the commenter, not me. By submitting a comment on my blog, you agree that the comment content is your own, and to hold this site, Greg’s Traveling Medicine Show, and all subsidiaries and representatives harmless from any and all repercussions, damages, or liability.
- Trackbacks Are Comments: All trackbacks will be treated inline with our Comments Policy.